MEET BZR; THE JOURNEY IS JUST STARTING LETS RIDE.



Chibuzor “BZR” Iloka is the man of the underdog scene and his unique Jamaican patua vibe keeps you trapped in his webs of melodies. He came over to the HQ and we spoke at length about his rise and fall in his little time spent in the game, keeping up with challenges and his new song with featuring 1nda. I've known the Rasta man for some years and I have never deep in his feelings as mixed emotions clouded the room as he answers the questions with all sincerity in heart while we exchange blunts with the gang.

Your Identity is hidden to many, tell them who “BZR” is?

BZR is actually pronounced as buzzor but anyhow you wanna call it is fine by me. I’m a musician. I make music for the bad boys and bad bitches,simply put. My lyrics are an extension of me. Anything you hear is probably very true. sometimes I exaggerate but that’s left to fans to decipher.

When did you start putting out songs?

I started putting out music August 2019.

So let's talk about real deep challenges you have experienced in this journey?

Took this music seriously in 2016; fresh of secondary school. Since then it’s been a hell of ride. My first challenge was in 2016. I had songs written but I couldn’t record because there was no money for studio session and my folks didn’t like the idea of me doing music they where all about school,so getting money from them for studio sesh was impossible,but God came through mid 2017. 1nda’s elder brother,EOD, finally got his setup at home,that was the day everything changed. Somehow God did it for me and my studio sesh problem was fixed. Since then I’ve had hurdles to cross like mastering recording techniques,vocal trainings,lyrics and delivery and whole lotta other shit too long to talk about. It’s not been easy yunno but I still have a long way to go.

Family is everything, are they supportive of this musical journey?

Yeah,kind of. My siblings have always been rocking w me. Mom is also in support but my dad is skeptical about the process, yunno based on the whole vintage igbo dad vibe. You know how is, but I’m doing it anyway,I don’t give a fuck.

you just played me your new song you premiering in a few hours, how do you feel about this one?

Yeah,the name of the song is “one thing”ft my bro 1nda and It’s a very special record. I’m hoping the gang will fuck with this when it drops. hopefully they do but if that's not possible we move yeah.

I love the spirit bro... You more of a bad nigga vibe, is there a soft side of bzr? Are you in love!

Well yeah,there’s a soft side. You’ll be seeing that side in the future but for now it’s the hard guy side. And no I’m not in love.

Lol that's something I'd watch out for, last words for your fans and believers?

I’m nothing without y’all for real. The journey is just starting I hope y’all will rock with me till the end.

STREAM ONE THING FT 1NDA

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

There’s No Manual For Management In The Entertainment Industry - A&R Emmanuellah

#TheLostSounds: AYO MAFF

I AIM TO MAKE MUSIC THAT SPEAKS TO PEOPLE - LUNA.