I BELIEVE THE WORLD WILL HEAR MY SOUND SOON - JOYBOYMT

  The industry has birthed alot of talents during this pandemic and it's safe to say the future is in good hands. Today we'd be talking with Fuji Fusion Artiste Singer, Song writer and entertainer, “Joyboymt” who spok about his previous single “RACE”,life as a Fuji artiste and his growth in the game.


Tell us about yourself?

 My name is Oguntoyinbo Ayodeji Uthman, i was born and brought up in Lagos state Nigeria .
I’m a singer, songwriter, entertainer, and Fuji fusion artist.

How did you discover the art of making music?

I discovered the art of making music at the age of 14  right from college. I got inspired by legends such as Sunny Ade, King Wasiu Ayinde, Barrister, Ebenezer Obey. The use of live instruments in their music was also a major attraction for me. When you hear that talking drum,bass guitar and saxophone your body must respond. This is something I hope to infuse into my music as time goes on.

How would you describe the music that you typically create?
It’s easy to describe my music even though it’s rare to see artists that currently do this genre in the Industry . You might hear similarities at times cause my sound is a fusion of different sounds but I want people to feel the 'Fuji' as the base whenever I release music. The legends of traditional sound are a big inspiration to me and I want to take it to the next level. You'd hear Afrobeat, Afro pop and any other sound honestly with my style and effizi we'll birth Fuji fusion. This is also me embracing the musical heritage of my roots cause I’m from the Yoruba land.

How do you feel the Internet has impacted the music business?

The Internet has made an impact on almost every aspect of music. In short, the Internet has changed the music industry in both positive and negative ways.A more recent development has been the emergence of Internet radio and digital streaming platforms. The internet makes it easier for your music to be heard, and I think it is an important tool especially for the independent artiste. You're trying to sell a product to your audience and the internet is the new marketplace.

You released Race some weeks ago, what birthed and motivated that release?

'Race' is about life's puzzles and challenges. Whoever you are, the only way to win your race is to keep your head up when you’re going through some battles in your life. When people leave you in your time of need. Never lose hope and keep pushing. 'Race' is my story, and I want to share it with the world.

What's your creative process?

My creative process involves making new and original connections between old ideas and new ideas in the music industry

As a Fuji Fusion artiste in Nigeria it's a rare genre in this industry, let's talk about the challenges and the wins?

The main challenge of this style is getting  people to listen(it's not something the new generation is used to and I'm here to change what we're used to) With time I believe the world will hear my sound and we're all really just trying to push the culture further. Get ready for Fuji-fusion at it's best.

What's next for you?

I’ll be releasing some new projects probably with video shoot this year but I can’t disclose the date the time but I know my fans are ready anytime,  any day , anywhere for me whenever I drop gbedu so like said gets ready for FUJI-FUSION AT ITS BEST .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There’s No Manual For Management In The Entertainment Industry - A&R Emmanuellah

#TheLostSounds: AYO MAFF

I AIM TO MAKE MUSIC THAT SPEAKS TO PEOPLE - LUNA.