DONT BREAK.



6: 36PM at the bus station,
Happiness buried my confusion in fear,
No bus leaving to my destination,
My heart knocked on my feet and walked away,
Her words were coming alive like Lazarus.

I embraced courage and made a walk towards the line,
"No bus to Umuahia till next week" said an old man,
I felt tears buried in my eyes but dont lose faith,
Made questions only my mind could answer,
"Will I make it home?","what if I dont see mama again"?.

Said the lords prayer and drank Insha Allah for lunch,
The creator's plan is of good and not evil,
I was saved by the curiosity of my guardian angel,
Ran like a dog to grab my bone on the next coach.

Laughter rose again with smiles setting for dawn,
I kept saying prayers to ease my mind,
But this warfare was for wizards not kids,
We started our journey with her words playing in my head.

Spent hours on this dark road,
My chest will never beat this way for any mortal,
Why will I take my own life before thy clock ticks?
Terror arose goosebumps before the driver shouted for help.

Cattles roaming with no guide at 9:23PM,
Flashbacks of the previous day kicked in,
The smiles, emotions and trust all gone,
Gunshots like rain fell heavy on my bus.

If the hunter says everything in his pursuit of games,
The gods will never respect his gun or skills,
Made sarcrifies with no regrets in soul and body,
Life is a risk so as the ones who claim to hold you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There’s No Manual For Management In The Entertainment Industry - A&R Emmanuellah

#TheLostSounds: AYO MAFF

I AIM TO MAKE MUSIC THAT SPEAKS TO PEOPLE - LUNA.