There’s No Manual For Management In The Entertainment Industry - A&R Emmanuellah





 
   Creativity is seeing what others see and thinking what no one else ever thought." – Albert Einstein. Afrobeats has gone global and the world is on our frequency recreating sonic sounds and the women in afrobeats have held it down becoming backbones of this organic edifice from singers to songwriters,A&R’s and Talent Managers.

          Born in Portharcourt and raised in Rivers state, Meet Emmanuellah, Talent Manager, A&R and Brand Manager. She’s currently the talent manager to the Rise crooner “TDOLLAR”.



Colossus: tell us about yourself?

Ella: My name is emmanuellah, talent manager, A&R, brand manager. Born and raised in rivers state, Portharcourt. Eventually, I had to leave there to chase my music aspirations here in lagos.


C: How did you venture into music?

Ella: Growing up as a kid, I always loved music and I said I must do it oh, no matter what. Started off with learning the theoretical aspect, attended two music schools, started playing the piano and drums, meeting people, learning and gradually coiling my way into the scene, and here I am. Thank God for grace.


C: What are your strengths as music executive?

Ella: My ability to identify potential breakthrough talents, develop and nurture them. Critical thinking skills to negotiate business deals that will be beneficial to my team as a whole. 


C: What’s your management style?

Ella: There’s no manual for management in the entertainment industry. Just do you and pray to God.


C: How do you stay organized while having multiple roosters to attend to?

Ella: Organization is not for the weak lol. Anyways, I have a detailed calendar of important dates such as release dates, promotional activities, recording sessions, personal events e.t.c. I prioritize tasks based on urgency and I communicate it with the team.


C: How do you handle meeting a tight deadline as music executive?

Ella: Like i said earlier “scheduled calendar” with a sprinkle of sleepless night.



C: What’s the challenging part of budgeting for you?

Ella: The budget itself mehn lol, Everyone has to be careful here, it’s not just about writing a huge budget, it’s about correct appropriation, prioritizing the area your artist needs the most for that particular single or project and allocating the resources correctly. 


C: For someone who’s trying to venture into being a music executive, what are basic guides you would share?

Ella: Keep your head up, ears on the ground, be open minded to learn everyday because you never stop learning.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#TheLostSounds: AYO MAFF

I AIM TO MAKE MUSIC THAT SPEAKS TO PEOPLE - LUNA.