Man Of The House


Small boy playing on the sounds of time,
Never expected the rain to shower on our dreams,
Watched the drama unfold like gifts from boxes,
A little boy saw his family get homeless,
I got lost when I was young then hunger gave me comfort.

I endured all the pains and shame from strangers,
Dad told us that some days will be rainy,
But this storm might blow us all away,
I saw love turn hate before the sun sets at dawn,
This life we live is strange but trust it to be sane.

Mom cried and said “son you have this family on your back”,
Then I knew the journey of greatness began from there,
They closed the casket on kanyin my heart broke into pieces,
I wrote this piece crying like it happened yesterday,
I went on my knees and asked God what's my purpose,
He replied with rainbows and the sun kept shining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There’s No Manual For Management In The Entertainment Industry - A&R Emmanuellah

#TheLostSounds: AYO MAFF

I AIM TO MAKE MUSIC THAT SPEAKS TO PEOPLE - LUNA.