I AIM TO MAKE MUSIC THAT SPEAKS TO PEOPLE - LUNA.

   The month of March is a very significant one for women all around the world and we at Colossus Media have decided to celebrate young females to encourage and support their brands and businesses.
      The time is now! Young women from all races and walk of life are taking the reins of leadership all around the world. It's a woman's world now and Luna's soulful vocals and lyrical prowess reiterate her readiness to take on the music industry.


 Colossus Media: Tell us a little bit about Luna?

Luna: Well Luna is my stage name and I picked the name because I’m interested in astrology and my spirit girl is literally Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. I’m a Gemini and aside from singing I’m also an artist. So when it comes to cover art I do that myself. I also play the piano and love anime. However, I sleep a lot because of all the work I do.

When did you start making music professionally?

I professionally started making music in 2016. That’s when I started writing my songs for the purpose of releasing them to the public. However I didn’t drop anything until January 18th this year, which is Glitters, my first song on SoundCloud.

You’re yet to release a body of work, can we expect one soon?

I’m currently working on a summer EP called Magenta, but you’d expect some singles and collaborations before then.

Who influenced what you listened to growing up as a kid?

Growing up, I was exposed to so many different types of music, and I’d have to say that my Dad was the musically inclined one at home. I listened to a lot of classical music when I was little because when I started learning how to play the piano (at the age of 3) I learned with a classical background. I also listened to some Jazz, RnB and Soul music artists like James Brown, Frank Sinatra And honestly so many others. I liked the way the music made me feel, even though at the time I didn’t really get the lyrics. But RnB And Soul have influenced my current sound.

As a female, what role do you think you playing in the Nigerian Music Industry?

In the Nigerian music industry I aim to create music that speaks to people. Music they can relate to and actually feel within themselves. Not only for the girls but for the boys as well. All my songs are based on experiences I’ve had. I just want people to have something they can hold on to, to remind them that they’re not alone. You know?

How's has the industry treated you as a female artiste?

 I wouldn’t necessarily say I’ve been fully immersed in the Nigerian music industry, because I’m just starting out. Getting the word about your music around isn’t as easy as I’d thought. However, I think the way I have been treated in the industry is quite good so far. People are supportive and some give constructive criticism on what I need to work on and stuff.

So there was a fan on Twitter who asked you to quit making music, how do handle the criticism on the media?

I’m a very thick skinned person and I know my worth. I don’t think there’s anything that anybody can tell me, that could possibly make me... sad. Nobody can tell me to quit something except me. So I don’t think I’d be “quitting” music anytime soon.

The year just started and you just dropped “glitters” and it's doing numbers on the chart ,who are you tipping for in 2019?

Yeah Glitters is currently on 2k+ plays after just two months and I’m super happy about that. Definitely Na-Ku. Most of the other young artistes debuted last year and they’re doing really good so I hope things work out for them in the long run, but Na-Ku is someone I see going very far because he’s super talented and I love his work ethic.

2k+ plays!! That's crazy for a debut song in less than 2 months, congrats on that. What is your one true desire?

Thanks. My one true desire is to live in true happiness honestly because I think your happiness matters more than anything else.

 Nicely said, you got last words for every female artiste out there and how can our readers connect with you on your socials?

 I just want to say that to all the young female artistes. Be yourself. Do what feels like you, or you’d hate it and get tired. My twitter is @lunaalovesyou and my Instagram is @lunaa.loves. I’m available for bookings so for business related stuff, hit me: alina.abdullahi@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There’s No Manual For Management In The Entertainment Industry - A&R Emmanuellah

#TheLostSounds: AYO MAFF