HOW MY CAMERA CHANGED MY LIFE - MASK THA DIRECTOR.

    Good morning Readers, it's another  Sunday and we had a sit-down with a young talent who turned his hobby for taking pictures and making short videos into being his profession.
    Boluwatife Jayeoba is our guest for today, popularly known as “Mask Tha Director” has turned his love for lights and images into creating a niché for his career. His Company has worked with Afrima awards, Mainland Block Party etc.We met at a function and had a little conversation about his career and business.

1)Tell us who Boluwatife Jayeoba is?

Boluwatife Jayeoba  is a Cinematographer/Entrepreneur he owns his own media company “Mask Media”.

2)when did you start photography /videography professionally?

I started photography professionally in 2016, a year after I left secondary school, after running my media company for 3 months I discovered that there were a lot of media companies coming up and with the same basic content (photography),so I decided to infuse videography into mine so as to stand out,I started videography and I didn’t take it serious but I noticed I started finding it more comfortable documenting and shooting videos that’s was how the whole maskthadirector thing came up.

3)how do you blend school work with business?

I try my best to serve both masters which isn’t easy but we try.

4)how did the name “MASK MEDIA” come about?

The name “Mask Media” came from my nickname Mask,while growing up I was a shy boy and I didn’t always want people to see my face,so I was with some of my guys one time and they address the matter about me being shy and they were like “oboy last last you go dey wear mask”and we all laughed when I got home that night i was trying to come up with a name for my company and myself so I tried Mask and with time it synced and people accepted  the name, so as for maskthadirector when I started directing I just added thadirector to Mask that’s how we have Maskthadirector .

5)Ever had a bad shoot or an Unforgettable memory?

Yeah,there’s one I can’t forget I had a video to shoot one time and we had to use a ghetto location,when we got there things were cool until when we started the shoot some boys just tripped out from nowhere and they where like ‘una no go shoot anything here where the director”,that moment was scary but we settled everything and moved on but those guys are family now.


6)The industry has alot to offer,some people have competitions,who is yours?

Competitions isn't my thing,drive on your lane, there's space for everyone to fly and spread your wings. My biggest competition is the man I see in the mirror everyday and that's myself.

7)what is your biggest motivation?

My biggest motivation is my mom,I do everything for her.
8)Will you say photography is more of abusiness or a hobby for you?

Cinematography is a hobby which I expect to make profit from, basically I don't have to stress, I find fun doing what I love and that's the goal.

9)Advice to Upcoming Photographers

You must believe in yourself and make sure you keep learning because when you stop learning you stop living.

10)how can our readers connect with you on your socials?

Twitter/Instagram- @maskthadirector.

www.instagram.com/maskthadirector

Comments

  1. A very hardworking young man destined 4 greatness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am very proud of the man he has become and am very sure EAJ is proud and of you. Bless up bro.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

There’s No Manual For Management In The Entertainment Industry - A&R Emmanuellah

#TheLostSounds: AYO MAFF

I AIM TO MAKE MUSIC THAT SPEAKS TO PEOPLE - LUNA.