Why do our eyes turn red when we smoke?


 Its been raining all day, it made me miss my wake and bake session because of the comfort from the breeze and winds. Staring at the time and waiting for my dealer's call and boom, he calls at exactly 4:20pm, i asked myself “was this a sign”? with healthy smiles on my face.

     I walked a distance before we picked up our package, we drove to our cool spot to blow our sorrows away and Mr Xyz said, “hope this one no dey make person eye red”?. I laughed, looked back and said “oya chill make i i show you something”. After smoking or consuming a cannabis based product, you might or will experience pressure in your system or increase in heart rate. The effect is due to the CANNABINOIDS in the plant.



      This chemical compound is responsible for some of the medicinal benefits of cannabinoids and their initial interaction with the body. Like exercise and sex, the rise in blood pressure and heart rate is relatable to normal physical activities. In fact, your eye turning red has nothing to do with the act of smoking at all. It takes 10 minutes for your heart rate to return to normal and for blood pressure to begin to decrease. The dilation of ocular capillaries causes increased blood flow to the eyes, which results in your eyes turning red and also reduces intraocular pressure.

     After all this lesson, Mr Xyz thanked me and had a nice joint with his mind free from the phobia of red eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There’s No Manual For Management In The Entertainment Industry - A&R Emmanuellah

#TheLostSounds: AYO MAFF

I AIM TO MAKE MUSIC THAT SPEAKS TO PEOPLE - LUNA.