THE NEXT RAP MESSIAH: KAYLU MUSIC

 


    Kaylu music is a multi-talented rapper that produces in his leisure and is currently studying Law at the University of Lagos Nigeria. He has spent the past few years creating hits and his latest single “FLEX” featuring Braniee has got the streets on the loose and it has been on repeat ever since it dropped. He had been plotting schemes on his forth-coming Mixtape which is expected to be birthed before the year runs out.

Colossus Media: This year has been a great one for you and your team,tell us how it has been on your side?

Kaylu Music: 2019 has been a journey of self development for me. Not only in my music but also in my life. Maturity is a constant thing as we grow up and we learn everyday. Music wise, I’ve learnt production and I’ve discovered so many sounds I can create. Started the year with a hard rap cover of ladipoe’s double homicide then I jumped on Afroswing with Ebi D on Undercover then I just dropped a Summer vibe with Brainee in Flex. It’s been a great year for me and I can only thank God.

Colossus Media: So far, What's the best song you've released and why so?

KayluMusic: I’d say Flex because of the acceptance level. Every song has its crowd but somehow Flex cuts across every crowd. I guess cause everyone wants to Flex.

Colossus Media: The Rap industry has taken a new turn and ready for the market again, are you pressured in any way?

KayluMusic: Pressured? At all. I’m even very excited because these bars wouldn’t hear themselves. Now more people are listening to hip hop in Nigeria it’s time to give them something to never forget. I’m ready for the industry, the actual question is, Is the industry ready for me?

Colossus Media: On your new song “Flex” ft Braniee, tell us how that song was birthed?

KayluMusic: Well it was actually very impromptu. I was at my Producer’s side and I just called Brainee over so we can work on something. We tried jumping on different beats but it didn’t slap enough so we just chilled till the end of the day and kronik played a beat then Brainee dropped the chorus one time. Dropped my verses afterwards and it was an epic jam. All vibes.

Colossus Media: Hows has the feedback been from your camp?

KayluMusic: We all making waves in our various ends. Timmss is currently on a radio tour rn for his hit single Mad Over You. Ebi D is doing serious numbers with Take it. Flex is also everywhere and these songs all dropped in the space of a month. So It’s only fair to say that feedback has been amazing by the grace of God.

ColossusMedia: -Any projects dropping Soon?

KayluMusic: This year I’m putting out my mixtape. So be expectant. The tracklist alone would cause serious havoc. Can’t wait for it to drop.

ColossusMedia: Whats your take on Collaborations over Competition?

KayluMusic: I love music and I’m very open to working with people that make good music. I believe artistes should stop trying to compete for fans and give the fans even better music by collaborating. My mixtape got a few collaborations with notable artists so I’m all about collaborations. It’s the best way to grow our industry.

ColossusMedia: if you had one word for your fans, what would that be?

KayluMusic: To every Kaylu fan out there. I promise to be dedicated to my music. I am not perfect and I’m still on a journey but as long as you stick with me on this ride I’d do my very best to make you proud so help me God. Love y’all. We move.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There’s No Manual For Management In The Entertainment Industry - A&R Emmanuellah

#TheLostSounds: AYO MAFF

I AIM TO MAKE MUSIC THAT SPEAKS TO PEOPLE - LUNA.