My Make-up is pun with colors - MUA Onaope

   

Beauty is an energy we all possess that comes from the soul and radiates through the skin and face. Today, we speaking with Make up artist, Beauty influencer and content creator “Babarinsa Onaopepo” about her artistry, journey and challenges she has faced in the game.



What's your name?


My name is Onaopepo and it means so many ways to give thanks but everyone calls me Onaope. 


What inspired your makeup artistry business?


I have always been a really creative person since I was little so it came to me naturally. I was that child that would draw on their notes and on the walls, every where I could find and I love experimenting with color. If I wasn’t into make up, I’d still be an artist of some sort. 


How did your brand name come out?


It’s just my name and the first letter of my middle name. 


Are you self taught or you learnt from 

someone?



I learnt the basic rudiments of make up for three months under the tutelage of Betvikkies_ Muas . 

I also watched a lot of YouTube videos and tried to recreate challenging looks from other make up artists.  


Tell us about your learning process?


It was really fun. I looked forward to learning something new everyday. I’m still learning till now and when I see a challenging look or any form of inspiration, I get really excited. 

I love to challenge myself each time because I get easily bored.


What's the most exciting part of your job?


When I imagine a look in my head and it comes out perfect or better still, when I do a clients make up and you can see that they love it. 




What challenges have you encountered since you started this business?


People tend to think you’re unserious or uneducated and try to take advantage of you because you’re offering them a service. Also some brands I’ve worked with try to exploit me without pay .

Also I hate when clients delay me. 


Which Makeup artists inspires your craft or you looking up to?


This is very hard but @tiaad_tutorials inspires me a lot. Her make up is unreal.

@jackieaina is someone  I look up to a lot.

Vanessa gyimah , Lhidhia Stanley and Dimma Umeh are also close to my heart. 


Connect with her on her Socials

Instagram:Onaopepo_a
Twitter:Onaopepo_a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There’s No Manual For Management In The Entertainment Industry - A&R Emmanuellah

#TheLostSounds: AYO MAFF

I AIM TO MAKE MUSIC THAT SPEAKS TO PEOPLE - LUNA.