EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH DJ ACE




DJ ACE is an up and coming DJ who is currently on the rise to becoming one of the biggest names in the Entertainment Industry. We had him in our studio where he shared his up and downs being a DJ and the perks of being Runtown's personal DJ. I hope you guys enjoy reading this.


COLOSSUS MEDIA: DJ ACE, please give a brief description of yourself for our readers to have  a glimpse of your background ....


DJ ACE: My real names are Njoku MC-Clinton. I am a Sound/DJ Enthusiast. I attended Maryland convent primary school. I went to Maryland comprehensive secondary school from there I ended up in Westminster college.


COLOSSUS MEDIA: How did you start the DJ business?


DJ ACE: Well I started in JSS 3 .It was my seniors prom and they didn't have a DJ and I volunteered to do it. And with the help of YouTube videos, I got a little hang of it. So that was the kick off for me!


COLOSSUS MEDIA: Did you have a passion for it or was it just an hobby that grew into a "paying job"?


DJ ACE: Honestly I was influenced into it per say, It was a kink for me. So yes, it was what I grew into that is now a paying job.


COLOSSUS MEDIA: Describe your first gig. How was it? How did you feel playing your first crowd?


DJ ACE: My first gig honestly wasn't what I expected. It was trashy and I made a lot of errors. Dj'ing in front of people was really frightening, All eyes of disgust and all. It was just motivation to me. So, I got to practise more. I can't forget that Prom Night.


COLOSSUS MEDIA: Did you ever feel like quitting? If yes, What motivated you to keep pushing?


DJ ACE: Well not quit per-say. I initially had a thing for aeronautical engineering and my parents wanted me to keep the dream alive. They really were against me Dj'ing than studying hard to achieve that fate. But I guess God had a different story for me. So quit, no!


COLOSSUS MEDIA: What makes DJ Ace who he is? What makes you different from other DJ's?


DJ ACE: Well according to my name, I'm  No 1. What makes me different really is God mainly and because I have a vast and immerse knowledge base of music and how each sound can sync with each individual. I study my crowd and dish out the right tune at the right time... There's no dull moment with Africa's Finest.. I'm also dedicated to DJ'ing. Not just the art but the financial, business aspect. I give room for professionalism. I research wide and vastly like I said earlier and I play around only to discover things.


COLOSSUS MEDIA: Who's your biggest motivation? Who do you look up to and why do you admire the person?


DJ ACE: My biggest motivation has to be deejaypuffy. Who I look up to locally is DJ Neptune. I have been opportune to work alongside him.. He is different, humble and dedicated to DJ'ing. His style is different and he has achieved a lot in 16 years. Internationally, It has to be DJ Khaled. Even non DJ's see his success and how he has grown through the years..He is One to be motivated by.


COLOSSUS MEDIA: Have you played any major gig recently?


DJ ACE: I was on GLO MEGA MUSIC TOUR  as Runtown's personal DJ. So far that's my biggest platform.


COLOSSUS MEDIA: How's it like being Runtown's personal DJ?


DJ ACE: Wow, its great trust me but hectic at the same time. I am always working extra, preparing our set before the D-Day because Runtown is a perfectionist when it comes to his craft; you have to be Woke.


COLOSSUS MEDIA: Who do you consider your biggest competition in the business and why?


DJ ACE: I am my biggest competition because I daily give myself reasons to be scared of myself; I push myself daily. Everyone is great in his/her own individuality. Zero competition but myself.


COLOSSUS MEDIA: Are you currently working on anything? Any particular work, mix-tapes or shows?


DJ ACE: Oh, yes I am. I am about to drop my new mix tape "Indiey Summer mix-tape". Then after that I would work on a DJ x artist record. But for now just my mix tape. I have my last mix-tape on SoundCloud. Something big is coming this December... Watch this space!





COLOSSUS MEDIA: What's your advice for up and coming DJ's?


DJ ACE: Be steadfast, practise like it's your last, take every little opportunity you have to DJ. Pray!

Follow him on Instagram and Twitter



Follow Us On Our Social Media Pages  Twitter and Instagram


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

There’s No Manual For Management In The Entertainment Industry - A&R Emmanuellah

#TheLostSounds: AYO MAFF

I AIM TO MAKE MUSIC THAT SPEAKS TO PEOPLE - LUNA.